1 air-conditioned Eurocopter
huge range of adventure cruises on offer
NORTH ADVENTURE CRUISES
The TRUE NORTH conducts adventure-cruises around the magnificent Australian coastline and in the stunning waters of Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
All cruises are activity based - extended periods at sea are specifically excluded and carefully curated itineraries provide for ultimate opportunity to experience the destination. Daily activities can include walks, fishing, snorkelling, diving, picnics, natural history, cultural events and more.
The TRUE NORTH is an Australian registered ship and is not required to exit territorial waters during Australian voyages-
every day on-board the TRUE NORTH is an activity day!
The TRUE NORTH is also purpose built to access wilderness - bigger ships cannot go where we go! Multiple expedition vessels take guests away in small groups and, to add another dimension to adventure, most cruise options feature a ship's helicopter. Guest numbers are limited to 36 and an Australian crew of 22 uniquely chaperones every experience in comfort and style.
Guests consistently respond with "that's the best holiday I have ever had!"
Destinations include the Kimberley -
a panorama of spectacular gorges and majestic waterfalls; the bucket-list Rowley Shoals, the intriguing islands of Raja Ampat; the mighty Sepik River and the un-spoilt islands of Papua New Guinea and, mysterious Bougainville!
The True North allows discerning adventurers
to experience wilderness in surroundings
more akin to one of the world's most exclusive
hotels! Guests are able to take advantage
of several lavish vantage points including
a sundeck, a forward observation lounge,
a ship's lounge, an alfresco bar and a sports
deck. The ship's naturalist presents interpretative
information on wall mounted screens and,
an internet cafe enables convenient communication
with the outside world. A popular venue
on any True North cruise, the lower deck
dining room offers the ultimate in comfort
and uninterrupted vistas - large panoramic
windows ensure that guests never miss any
of the action, even when they are enjoying
the ship's renowned fare.
All cabins feature stylish decor, en-suite
facilities, in-cabin entertainment and satellite
telephones. The Explorer and River Class
staterooms offer king size beds that can
be converted to singles whilst the Ocean
Class twins feature roomy singles.
Why you should cruise with True North Adventure Cruises
True North Adventure Cruises conducts adventure-cruises all-around the magnificent Australian coastline and in the stunning waters of Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
- True North Adventure Cruises is the winner of numerous awards for excellence.
- True North Adventure Cruises is an undisputed market leader and offers activity based itineraries especially designed for the most discerning adventurer.
- True North Adventure Cruises consistently operates with impeccable customer satisfaction rates.
- True North Adventure Cruises pioneered adventure-cruising along the Kimberley coast more than
30 years previous. Others cannot equal our experience and knowledge!
- The TRUE NORTH is an Australian registered ship and is not required to exit territorial waters during Australian voyages - every day on-board the TRUE NORTH is an activity day!
- The TRUE NORTH is the ONLY adventure-cruise ship in the southern hemisphere that travels with an full-time
ship's helicopter - an air conditioned Eurocopter.
- The TRUE NORTH features enhanced levels of comfort throughout -
allowing guests opportunity to experience wilderness in surroundings more akin to one of the world's most exclusive hotels!
- The TRUE NORTH features several lavish vantage points including a sundeck,an observation lounge, a ship's lounge, an alfresco bar and a sports deck.
- All cabins feature en-suites, in-cabin entertainment and private satellite telephones.
- An internet cafe enables guests to maintain contact with the corporate world.
- The TRUE NORTH is purpose built for accessing shallow coastal environs and river systems -
bigger ships cannot go where we go!
- The TRUE NORTH features computer controlled motion stabilizers.
- The TRUE NORTH is fully licensed for fishing activities.
- The TRUE NORTH is revered for its on-board dining.
- Legendary and authentic service - the TRUE NORTH welcomes just 36 guests and, an AUSTRALIAN crew uniquely chaperones your every experience ensuring our renowned reputation for attention to detail.
- Avoid the crowds -
we carry 6 adventure expedition boats (not rubber boats) that provide guests with opportunity to experience wilderness in comfort and, in small groups. We can also make greater provision for guests to do -
what they want, when they want!
- Experience the destination -
our cruises are activity-based and extended periods at sea are specifically avoided. Daily activities include scenic walks, helicopter flights, culture, fishing, snorkelling, picnics, diving, exploring, nature and much, much more!
- A ship's naturalist presents entertaining interpretative sessions.
- Make sure your next holiday is "the best holiday you have ever had!"